- Version 1.7.5 | Release Date: 2013-03-29 | Download
• Fixed: Icon size inconsistencies
• Fixed: VoiceOver fixes
• Removed: Airbrake crash notifier
- Version 1.7.4 | Release Date: 2013-03-03 | Download
• Fixed: Clipboard issues on iOS 5
- Version 1.7.3 | Release Date: 2013-02-20 | Download
• New PlainText icon created by Oleksiy Sumko. Many thanks!
• New URL scheme command: plaintext://create. Creates a new document with date/time stamp.
• Fixed: Excessive line spacing when using AirPrint
• Fixed: Scroll location memory
• Fixed: Orientation lock in iOS 6
• Fixed: VoiceOver selection issues
• Updates to Dropbox sync
- Version 1.7.2 | Release Date: 2012-11-26 | Download
- Fixed: Alphabetical order sorting for some languages
- Fixed: Settings window animation issue on close in iOS 4.3
- Fixed: Truncated extra soft-spacing on document reload
- Fixed: URL-encoded newline characters handling
- Requires: iPhone 3GS/iPod touch 3rd generation+, iOS 4.3+.
- If the app is crashing on launch after the update, reset your Dropbox token by going into Airplane mode, unlinking from Dropbox, turning off Airplane mode, and relinking to Dropbox
- If emailing doesn't work after the update, make sure you're all synced up/backed up then delete and reinstall the app.
- Version 1.7.1 | Release Date: 2012-10-19 | Download
IMPORTANT: PlainText 1.7+ can no longer support iPhone 3G and lower, or iPod touch 2nd gen or lower. Requires iOS 4.3+.
- Fixed: Dropbox sync would cause cursor to move to end of document
NEW IN PLAINTEXT 1.7:
* Updated for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 (now requires iOS 4.3+)
* New: URL Schemes for creating, opening, appending to and searching your documents (see the new section in the help book for more details)
* Updated: Dropbox SDK
* Updated: TextExpander touch SDK (Date math works again!)
* Added: .ft extension FoldingText (http://www.foldingtext.com) to defaults
* More bugfixes
New files: plaintext://new
- Create in a folder (uses .txt by default): new/folderpath/
- Create with custom extension (like .md): new/file.md
- Create with body text: new/myfilename?body=Text goes here
Existing files: plaintext://open/filename
- Open from a folder (uses .txt by default): open/folderpath/filename
- Open with a non-txt extension (like .md): open/filename.md
- Append text: open/myfile.txt?append=Text goes here
File search: plaintext://search/mysearchterms
- Version 1.6.1 | Release Date: 2012-08-06 | Download
• Added: Icons for the new iPad
• Fixed: Crashes on 'Shake to Undo'
• Updated: Dropbox SDK
- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2012-03-23 | Download
- Changed: New search bar UI
- Added: Option to for Right-To-Left writing in Advanced Settings
- Fixed: Crash when trying to read a file with Windows newlines
- Optimized: Handling larger file sizes
A few notes:
- Thanks for sending us your bug reports! We still can't reproduce certain ones on our devices (such as an occasional issue with notifications), which we need in order to fix them. We're always working on the ones we can!
- If PlainText is crashing on launch, you may need to reset the Dropbox token. Here's how: Put your device into Airplane mode, unlink from Dropbox, turn off Airplane mode, and relink to Dropbox.
- As always, please check out the PlainText FAQ on our website!
- Version 1.5.4 | Release Date: 2011-11-16 | Download
• Fixed: Help book formatting
• Fixed: Potential memory leak
• Fixed: Cancel button in Dropbox login didn't work
- Version 1.5.3 | Release Date: 2011-11-01 | Download
• Worked around compiler bug that was causing UI issues (collapsed icons and more) on older hardware such as 2nd generation iPod touch, and iPhone 3G.
- Version 1.5.2 | Release Date: 2011-10-17 | Download
• Fixed: A number of sync cases where a conflicted copy would be created for safety
• Fixed: Formatting issue with AirPrint and newlines
• Fixed: Lock orientation switch in landscape
• Fixed: Documentation typos
• Fixed: Sync bug where new files synced with auto sync turned off
• Added: Menu option for 'Sync This Folder'
• Internal code fixes and reorganization
• iOS 5 fixes (working on Shortcuts now)
• Note: There may be a visual issue in the toolbar for the iPod touch 2G running iOS 4.2.1.
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2011-07-05 | Download
• Search is visible only when you need it.
• Unsynced files will no longer display in list.
• Manual sync option added in Settings and menus.
• Simplified Dropbox settings.
• Reorganized Settings and Help Book
• Modified opacity of secondary UI elements.
• Sync file whitelist is moved to Dropbox settings.
• Sync file whitelist is no longer case-sensitive.
• Drop-down menu displays correctly after rotation.
- Version 1.4.1 | Release Date: 2011-04-22 | Download
â¢ Added: Restore button for previous purchases
â¢ Fixed: Buy and Restore button refresh in settings view
â¢ Fixed: Tapping in margin no longer cancels music
â¢ Fixed: Accessibility labels in folder list view
â¢ Fixed: One issue with internet pay walls and sync
â¢ Fixed: Remove Ads button fixed for pre-iOS 4 devices
â¢ Removed: Tap-cursor click sound
- Version 1.4 | Release Date: 2011-04-12 | Download
â¢ Search in documents list.
â¢ Quick-scroll bar (like Pages.app).
â¢ Option to sort folders to top or bottom of list.
â¢ Toggle to let the title bar scroll up with document.
â¢ Document popup menu to Print, Email, Rename and Word Count.
â¢ File extension whitelist. Doesn't effect existing synced files... unlink/link to effect existing files
â¢ (iPad only) In full screen mode, tap the page margins to move cursor left or right by 1 letter (1 finger tap) or 1 word (2 finger tap)
â¢ 'Sanity check' code before Dropbox file and folder deletes are processed.
â¢ Moved close keyboard button (iPhone) to above keyboard.
â¢ Use AdMob network in addition to iAd.
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2011-03-20 | Download
- Added Help book.
- Added link detection.
- Fixed sync bug when wifi drops out.
- Disabled renaming of synced folders due to sync bug.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2010-11-04 | Download
â¢ Added word count.
â¢ Fixed date conflict sync bug.
â¢ Fixed periodic crash after sync.
â¢ Fixed 'sort by modified' animations.
â¢ Fixed blank startup screen after background sync.
â¢ Fixed unrecognized file types no longer become editabled.
â¢ Removed 'sort by created' because iOS doesn't track creation dates.
Word count is accessed through the standard text editing actions popup (Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All...)
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2010-10-22 | Download
- No changes specified